Tips For Getting A Better Night's Sleep
Right now as we go through a world pandemic I think some of us are having a hard time sleeping. Here are some of my top tips for getting to sleep and staying asleep for a good 8 hours!
1. It seems really obvious but try to limit screen time before switching off. Your phone/TV/tablet really activates your brain cells which in turn keeps you awake for longer.
2. Instead of reaching for your phone why not read a book instead? The whole looking left to right whilst reading makes your eyes sleepy and gets your ready for some good REM sleep.
3. Have a milky hot drink before bed. There's a reason that babies sleep so well after a bottle of warm milk. My favourites are a hot chocolate or a golden milk (turmeric with oat milk).
4. I've recently started listening to a meditation podcast before bed. The one I listen to is The Daily Meditation podcast and it has new 10 minute mediations everyday. This not only helps me sleep well but also makes me less anxious which in turn helps stops me from waking up during the night.
5. Spray some lavender pillow mist. I've been doing this for years and use the one from The Sanctuary. Lavender is proven to help aid sleep so a little spritz each night works wonders.
Do you have any tips for a good night's sleep?
Follow me here @wonky_lauren