When the sun is shining (as it is right now) there's no better place to be than London. Seriously. The City has it all and the warm weather is just an added bonus.
So I've rounded up all the great things that are happening here in the capital this month and things I am hoping to tick off my bucket list:
1. The World Cup Final - this takes place on Sunday 15 July and will be showing in most pubs around the UK, let alone London. Some pubs even have screens outside so you get to enjoy the warm weather whilst cheering on your country. C'mon England!
2. Wimbledon - the famous tennis tournament kicked off this week for a whole 2 weeks. If you weren't able to get tickets or can't afford the hefty fee, you can always pay up to £25 to have a walk around the grounds and enjoy the atmosphere [and sunshine] from there.
3. Pride - I went to this in London 2 years ago and it was so much fun! Everyone is in such a good mood, the parade was awesome, great music, dancing and drinking. Head on down to Charing Cross on 07 July!
4. Music Festivals - Lovebox and British Summer Time amongst a bunch of others. Festival season is in full swing in London this month.
5. Outdoor Cinema - watch a movie on a big screen in Hyde Park or even on the Thames! I can't believe I still haven't attended one of these. They show everything from old classics to new releases. Bring a blanket and a picnic and you're set.
6. National Dim Sum Week - I. LOVE. DIM SUM. And this week happens to be dim sum week so if you love it as much as I do get yourself down to China Town sharpish!
7. Chiswick House Summer Party - this idea sounds really cute and more for the people that don't like a crazy party but more of a sophistiscated dinner. With music, food and a few drinks this could be like something straight of a Downton Abbey on 07 July.
8. Peckham Salvage Yard - this weekend Peckham are hosting a vintage market sale. Nab yourself a bargain and you might even bump into Delboy!
9. Leyton Carnival - if you can't wait until next month for Notting Hill Carnival then Leyton in East London has you sorted. Bringing a taste of the Caribbean on 08 July.
10. The Making of Harry Potter (Behind The Seams) - for the hardcore HP fans there is an exhibition taking place in Abbots Langley between 07 and 22 July that shows you all about the costume design exclusive from the costume department at Warner Bros Studios.
11. Ride London - between the 28 and 29 July over 100,000 people will be riding 8 miles through London. Even if you're not an avid rider like myself you can still go along and watch somewhere on route. I've seen them go past before and it's quite incredible!
What do you think you'll be up to this month?
Follow me here @wonky_lauren
Post a Comment