How To Be More Plastic Free
Single use plastic is a huge problem for the environment and not to mention killing our sea life. So much so that lots of companies are now trying to reduce their use of plastic such as doing away with plastic straws and charging for using plastic carrier bags. Here are a few ways that you yourself can do your bit to live a plastic free life.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle/coffee cup preferably metal. Can you imagine how much plastic waste comes from people that buy water bottles every single day?! Just buy yourself a reusable bottle, there are so many places that sell them and either fill it up at home or when buying coffee out ask them to use your cup instead.
- Shop savvy. When I'm at the supermarket I try to pick up fruit and veg with the less amount of plastic packaging. This can prove quite difficult sometimes but a lot of shops are getting better.
- When you have leftovers rather than putting them on a plate with some plastic cling film, use a reusable tupperware box, metal bento box or even use tin foil which is at least recyclable.
- Use useable shopping bags when you go shopping. This is one I am probably best at because it's so easy to just throw a bag in when you go shopping and not have to keep buying new ones.
- Stop buying ready meals. They're not good for you anyway because of the amount of sodium most of them contain but they are the biggest culprits at wasting plastic.
- Use bars of soap instead of plastic bottles. This is obviously harder because we are so used to using plastic bottles of soap, shampoo etc but if we can try to cut down on it then we are taking a step in the right direction.
How will you do your bit to go plastic free?
Follow me here @wonky_lauren
Post a Comment