To be fair, I had some pretty good teenage years. I had a great group of friends, went to a pretty decent school, never got bullied and due to my super dry skin never suffered any terrible outbreaks of acne. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I totally escaped the teenage angst so here's what I would tell myself if I could go back in time.
1. You will discover fake tan and all your pale skin days will be over.
2. You will learn to accept your freckles and embrace them. They are kisses from the sun as nan would say!
3. Don't stress over algebra. No-one gets it. Not even the teachers. And you will never ever use it again.
4. Don't worry about leaving school and all your friends behind. In a few years we will have Facebook and you can stalk people until your heart's content!
5. Enjoy your school days because they really are the best days of your life. Once you start working there's no going back.
6. You will learn how to apply make-up properly and not look like a clown.
7. GHDs will be invented and your hair will thank you forever.
8. Smoking is not cool so don't stress about trying to fit in because in 10 years from now you will be happy you didn't take up that bad habit. And so will your bank balance. And your health.
9. It's not too long until you turn 18 which means alcohol and clubs. Pace yourself.
10. The biggest challenge in life is trying to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else. Never change who you are so that others will like you, just be yourself and the right people will love you for being you. And as Oscar Wilde said "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
What would you tell your teenage self?
Great list, I did one similar awhile ago. I like the point about embracing your freckles, I can relate!ReplyDelete
All are rocking. Who is the leader :)ReplyDelete
I've actually just got around to discovering fake tan ha,ha!! I tried it when I was younger but definitely wasn't a good look! :) xReplyDelete
Jenny | Krystel Couture ♥
Great list. Although i dont really get along with fake tans yet but need to start properly using them. The last time i used algebra was in alevel maths, havent looked at it since.ReplyDelete
I love this list, especially #10! I would tell my teenage self to date as much as possible and not settle for anyone who does put his mom on a pedestal and doesn't make you laugh at least once a day!! xoReplyDelete
adorn la femme
Haha! Love the list! Definitely agree with the school days one - i'm missing school quite a lot! xReplyDelete
Awww I love this post!ReplyDelete
xo | The Fashion Forecast
OMG!! I just love your blog post!!! its so beautiful !!!ReplyDelete
keep up the amazing work here !! I can't wait to read more :)
come say hi :)
Haha fake tan. It's definitely a better option than frying yourself like an egg in the sun. :]ReplyDelete
// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲
Great list! Thanks for sharing - it's similar to what I would tell my teenage self!ReplyDelete
I like the idea of this post. It's great to read. Would you mind me doing a similar one?ReplyDelete
Of course not. Would love to read it xDelete
I should do a post like this too! You made me laugh!ReplyDelete
My Pretty Mess Diary by Joanne Catherine |Bloglovin|