To be fair, I had some pretty good teenage years. I had a great group of friends, went to a pretty decent school, never got bullied and due to my super dry skin never suffered any terrible outbreaks of acne. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I totally escaped the teenage angst so here's what I would tell myself if I could go back in time.
1. You will discover fake tan and all your pale skin days will be over.
2. You will learn to accept your freckles and embrace them. They are kisses from the sun as nan would say!
3. Don't stress over algebra. No-one gets it. Not even the teachers. And you will never ever use it again.
4. Don't worry about leaving school and all your friends behind. In a few years we will have Facebook and you can stalk people until your heart's content!
5. Enjoy your school days because they really are the best days of your life. Once you start working there's no going back.
6. You will learn how to apply make-up properly and not look like a clown.
7. GHDs will be invented and your hair will thank you forever.
8. Smoking is not cool so don't stress about trying to fit in because in 10 years from now you will be happy you didn't take up that bad habit. And so will your bank balance. And your health.
9. It's not too long until you turn 18 which means alcohol and clubs. Pace yourself.
10. The biggest challenge in life is trying to be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else. Never change who you are so that others will like you, just be yourself and the right people will love you for being you. And as Oscar Wilde said "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
What would you tell your teenage self?